Friday, December 02, 2011

WE'RE BACK, BABY!!!!

I'm humbled, amazed and awed to say that I've just been informed that our project with Operation Come Home has been allowed to start back up!!!!

Thank you Premier McGuinty, MPP's Grant Crack, and Lisa McLeod. Look!!! BiPartisan support! Thank you to everyone in the media, the worlds of FaceBook, Twitter, blogosphere and everywhere else for making our issue known.

I've maintained throughout this situation that I felt that we were being held back by a technical oversight in the language of a regulation and that I was confident that my government would be able to fix this. But, wow, I never thought it would happen so quickly.

The online website www.bybo.ca will start taking orders at 5:15pm. Deliveries up and running by Monday. We got the good news from our MPP just as we were finishing our staff meeting, which was great, because I was able to put him on speaker phone so that the whole company could scream their excitement. What an emotional end to a rollercoaster of a week.

Now, reader, how about you go buy some beer and put some folks back to work!

Today has been a good day.

No comments: